Monday, January 11, 2010

Breaking In

Over the weekend, I locked myself out of my house. The only way back in was to break something. Lucky for me, I left the garage open. So, after going down the list of options (windows, locks, doors, door frames), I decided upon the wall between the back of my garage and the powder room. Snow shovels can be remarkably sharp and drywall remarkably brittle. After a few minutes of hacking, I climbed through the hole. Hello, toilet. I never thought I would see you from this angle. I stood in the small bathroom. I looked out into the kitchen and dining room. Through the locked windows, the sun had entered. A cloud of dust and insulation moved slowly in the currents. It sparkled in the light.

1 comment:

  1. I hope this is a poem and not a real life experience Mr. Warfield lol

    ReplyDelete