Thursday, January 20, 2011

Messages from the Future!

Many of us have this feeling that the way we experience time is not the way time actually exists. And now here's an experiment--two actually--that have produced some almost sci-fi (or is that psy-fi?) results about time-traveling information. Here's more from Radiolab's Robert Krulwich.

Weird, huh? Well, I can't let this go untested, can I?

Every morning I talk to myself about the previous day, or I should say that I talk to my yesterday morning-self. My past self has a heads-up and an encouraging message about the day ahead. My present self is upbeat and, at some level, prepared for what will happen during the day about to unfold. And, my future self is getting out of bed and leaving me a message.

I do not believe that I am crazy.



1 comment:

  1. Hah!

    If things actually do start "going my way" I can't help but think that this is really just the power of a positive outlook.


    Of course, the opposite may be true. What I call "the power of a positive outlook" might really be helpful insights, observations, and feelings about my past events traveling backward in time--allowing me to deal with those events--as they happen--more productively.

    Just to re-emphasize. I do not believe that I am crazy.

    ReplyDelete