Friday, November 27, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

I realize it was yesterday, but I'm still feeling thankful. And stuffed. But apparently the group I'm in--the stuffed group--is shrinking. And not in the good way. The number of Americans who can't rely on full cupbaords and leftovers in the fridge is increasing. "Food insecurity" is on the rise.

If you feel like sharing some of your caloric good fortune, consider Philabundance or Feeding America. I give to Philabundance because they're local for me. Feeding America (formerly Second Harvest) is a national organization that helps local food banks. Here's how they operate: How Feeding America Works (from their website). If you know someone in need, Feeding America also has a foodbank locator on their front page (while a google search might also do, this might be a bit more organized).

No comments:

Post a Comment