Tuesday, April 9, 2013

I liked this short animated film, and now I recommend it to you.

Two years ago, one late Saturday night, as I climbed into the rabbit-warren of the internet exploring yet another curiosity (How does one make cheese? How many spoken languages are left on planet Earth?), I found references to this short animated film, The Hidden Life of the Burrowing Owl. I wasn't able to actually find the film, just references to it.


It wasn't on Amazon, Netflix, or iTunes, so I wrote the director and asked him how to get it. He sent me a copy for free. He's that cool. The film is sad, funny, adorable and very clever, and I'm happy to report that it's now available on iTunes. Yay!

You can get it here on iTunes, or just go to iTunes and search burrowing owl. Now if only Amazon would distribute it. Amazon needs to show more respect to makers of short films.

Oh, what was I searching for that night two years ago? I was looking for videos of burrowing owls. An animated short? Close enough. Actually, better.

No comments:

Post a Comment