Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The Fine Art of Composing

I've been thinking about the art of composing things.

Does anyone remember Santo Gold, the late-night infomercial from the eighties? It aired in the Philadelphia region on WPHL 17 after midnight; I think I remember catching it while flipping through channels after Saturday Night Live. It may have aired other nights. Anyway.

I'm starting to understand that my brain is less of a library and more of a depository, and the workers are equal parts thrilled and dismayed to catalog its contents.

The infomercial that walks my nightmares is still here on YouTube. And you can learn more about Santo Gold and the man behind it on Wikipedia.

I must return to more literary endeavors, such as my work for Painted Bride Quarterly.

No comments:

Post a Comment